KYRGYZ-TURKISH MANAS UNIVERSITY
2019 PROF. DR. FUAT SEZGIN ANNIVERSARY
ARTICLE COMPETITION OF YOUNG SCIENTISTS
Turkey declared 2019 as the year of Prof. Dr. Fuat Sezgin, a world-renowned late Turkish historian. On this occasion, Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University decided to organize an article competition between young scientists in order to draw attention to the contributions of Prof. Dr. SEZGİN to the world of science and to the potential of the Turkic and Islamic world in producing science and culture.
Turkestan and Transoxiana in particular were one of the world's most important cradles of science and culture from the 8th century to the 16th centuries, and the scientists who grew up in these areas have contributed to world of science and technology in many areas, such as mathematics, medicine, astronomy, geography and law. The competition aims to raise awareness among young scientists about the contributions of scholars from Turkestan to the natural and social sciences in the world and on their impact today.
Topics of this competition are:
- The contributions of the Central Asian scholars to the world of science and technology and their impact today;
- The contributions of Central Asian scholars to social sciences such as philosophy, education, language, geography, law and sociology and their evaluation in terms of today's conditions;
- The contributions of the Central Asian scholars to natural sciences such as medicine, astronomy, chemistry, physics, architecture and engineering and their evaluation in terms of today's conditions;
- The contribution of scientists from Turkestan, such as al-Khwarizmi, al-Farabi, Ibn Sina (Avicenna), Yusuf Khass Hajib Balasaguni, Mahmud al-Kashgari, Muhammad al-Sarakhsi and Ali Qushji (Ali Kuşçu) in natural and social sciences.
First Prize: Istanbul Trip and IPAD
Second Prize: Istanbul Trip and Smart Phone
Third Prize: Istanbul Trip and Smart Phone
Additional two honorable mention awards will be presented for successful articles align with the competition’s purpose and meaning.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- To be a graduate or undergraduate / doctoral student at a university that is a member of the Central Asian Universities Association.*
- Not to be over 35 years old.
- Participant may only apply with one article and one author.
- The article must be original and not published previously.
- The accepted languages for the competition are Turkish, Kyrgyz, Russian and English.
- The copyright of articles which will belong to the Kyrgyz-Turkis Manas University. Additionally, the article is deemed to be permitted by the author to be published in a book or journal, if it will be approved for publication by the jury.
- The work should be written in Times New Roman with 12 pt. and 1.5 line spacing.
- Abstract should be between 150-200 words.
- The entire paper must be minimum 5,000 words and maximum 8,000 words.
- The article owners must fill the attached Form-1(attached) and submit to the following address as wet signed with the manuscript.
* The applicants must present the original document of the student certificate or graduation certificate or a notarized certificate.
- Deadline for submission of the full article: Works must be submitted to the address below by letter no later than September 16, 2019 at 17:30, Kyrgyz time, before the end of the working day.
- Announcement of results: October 07, 2019
- Award Ceremony: The ceremony will be held October 18, 2019 in the capital of the 2019 Turkic world during an international symposium organized in honor of Prof. Dr. Fuat Sezgin.
Kyrgyz-Turkısh Manas Unıversıty
Chyngy Aytmatov Campus, 720038,
Jal, Bishkek, KYRGYZSTAN
Faculty of Letters, Department of Sociology
İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Fakültesi Binası 2. Floor No:205
+996 (312) 49 27 81(82,86,88,73,78,56,21,73)