Dear Members of the Central Asian Universities Association,
We are happy to announce the opening of the joint online course “Understanding Central Asia” among member universities.
The online course is planned to be launched with the participation of three or four member universities (one from Central Asia) on pre-determined themes in interactive classes, where students will conduct conversations on certain themes.
Aim of the course:
The aim of the course is to provide the students of our member universities with knowledge on Central Asia and other countries, to establish bridges among the young people, who will shape our future.
- This course will be held among undergraduate students of member universities with a moderator in each classroom.
- The course will be conducted in the form of mutual conversations, information exchange and presentations in interactive classrooms. Furthermore, students will be able to chat one-on-one or in groups through messaging platforms out of classes.
- At the end of the course, the students will be graded by their homework.
- The course will be held between 3 or 4 member universities from at least two different countries, one from Central Asia. Universities will be paired in pairs to carry out the course for 5 weeks on specified subjects; then they will continue to discuss the same subjects for 5 weeks by matching with another university. The courses will be completed within the semester by matching each university.
- This course is open to the students of all departments, although priority will be given to the departments of social sciences.
- Introduction: information about the University; introduction of students by themselves and information about their lives;
- Family life (how they spend a day), information about traditions;
- Information about the geography, historical and touristic places of their countries;
- Information about cultural life, music and cinema in their countries;
- Information on the economic situation and job opportunities in their countries.
Stages and dates of the program:
- The applications of interested member universities at the CAUA Chairing University: 21 June 2019.
- Announcement of applied universities by the CAUA Chairing University: 25 June 2019.
- Requests of universities about their demand to match pairing universities to be sent to the CAUA Chairing University: 8 July 2019.
- Notification of the matches to the universities by the CAUA Chairing University 12 July 2019.
- Notification by joining universities about students who would like to attend the course to the CAUA Chairing University: September 20, 2019.
- Starting of the courses simultaneously in universities: 30 October 2019.